About Me

My photo
Hey I'm Ross and I'm 17 years old and I am currently studying Intermediate 2 I.T. I live in the middle of nowhere outside Banff but originally came from Stirling and will be moving back down at the end of the year.

Thursday 11 October 2007

This weeks assignment

This week we were set a task in the Weblogs class to answer questions about a skill we may possess.

After thinking long and hard I decided to write about my hobby of playing the drums. I have been playing for nearly 6 years including at school which technically didn’t count because we were only taught simple rhythms for the first two years.

I started off with a very basic and standard Premier kit. A standard kit basically consists of 7 pieces. These are;

  • Bass Drum
  • Snare Drum
  • Two Tom Tom Drums (the two drums built in to the base drum)
  • Side Drum
  • High Hat
  • Symbol

    Then two and a half years and 5 sets of drum sticks later, I traded my 250cc off road Motorbike for my next member of the family, and also pocketed some cash for the exchange, A (?) drum kit which I then combined and spray painted to give me:
  • 2 Bass drums
  • 4 Tom Toms
  • 5 Symbols (although 3 broke)
  • 2 High Hats
  • 2 Snare drums
  • 1 Side drum

    With the extra set I now practise 5 songs a day from my favourite band Metallica, the songs I practise daily range from;
  • Master Of Puppets (obviously),
  • One,
  • For Whom The Bell Tolls,
  • Sanatarium (welcome home),
  • St Anger,
  • Some Kind Of Monster,
  • Frantic,
  • All Within My Hands,
  • Battery,
  • The Thing That Should Not Be.

Below is a picture of a drumkit the same make as one of mine.

No comments: